Preston was gone for two weeks. I played bachelorette. This is what goes down in our house when he’s gone:
- Dinner is cheese and crackers.
- The mail only gets checked once a week.
- I go to the grocery store and buy five different kinds of cheese.
- Movie marathons with the bestie last past midnight. (Midnight is late for this old granny.) Notice the “s” in marathons—that’s right, there were several.
- I end up staying up past midnight on the other nights, too. Reading.
- I can’t help but watch Frozen multiple times.
- The dog sleeps on Preston’s pillow.
- I come up with an idea for my first novel. So now I’m writing a book.
I also didn’t fold clothes for two weeks, but that’s not really different from the norm.